According to a report published by Australian Driver Trainers Association, motor vehicle crashes and car accidents are the leading cause of death among young Australians aged 16–25 years. Therefore, it is really important for young adults to learn the art and science of driving without too much of hesitation. Rather than going for high or affordable prices driving lessons in Perth, it’s really important for young adults like you to understand the importance of getting plenty of driving practice before whizzing past your friend’s vehicle on the highway.
How Much Practice is enough when learning To Drive?
Australian Driver Trainers Association has segregated the driving learning lesson into three basic categories –
- Physical Skills of Driving
- Cognitive or Thinking Skills of Driving
- Perceptual or Detention Skills of Driving
It takes a good amount of time to become a good driver. Most road safety experts advise that you need at least 120 hours of driving practice to become a driver.
Most young adults in Perth, get learner license for at least a year. This can be achieved after practising driving for 2-3 hours in a week.
Get Plenty of Practice
Simple Rule: if you want to become good at something then you need to get plenty of practice – in different conditions, at different times and in different situations.
Every time, you find yourself in a car your seat should be behind the steering wheel. Even short trips to college or work have the potential of adding lots of experience in your kitty.
It’s also important for a young adult like you to get every possible type of driving experience practised during your learning period. For example, day and night, clear and rain, fog, long and short trips.
Your supervisor’s extra set of eyes during practice is invaluable.
Get the ‘P’ License
You need to make sure that you need to gain the ‘P’ license only after facing difficult situations. Once again, the rule is simple; the more experience you gain during learner period, the safer you will be when you will drive on your own.
Driving is an exciting new skill to learn. Choosing the right Driving Instructor in Perth holds the key to learning the A-Zs of driving a vehicle. Any person who receives money or reward for offering driving lessons must hold a driving instructor’s license. That license needs to be displayed in the cabin of your driving instructor’s car all the times while you pursue your lessons. A good driving instructor will always offer more than just license. He/she should come up with appropriate insurance and a formal code of practice through the membership of the relevant association.
Here are the top 7 qualities that you should look for in a driving instructor.
- Providing Course Guidelines and Supporting Educational Materials
The driving instructor should focus on a structured plan in place for each lesson, designed in consultation with you and your driving instructor.
- Offer a System to Report Progress
You need to be offered with a progress card by the driving instructor at the end of each lesson. Your supervising driver should tell how you are performing to get that coveted license.
- Safe or ‘Low-Risk’ Driving
Behavioral-based programs should focus on the underlying values, attitudes and thinking processes that amount to safer driving. You need to learn the process to identify and handle road hazards.
- Use the ‘Beyond Test Routes’ Program
Beyond Test Routes, developed by the Australian Driver Trainers Association, is a program that helps learner drivers to learn safe driving practices rather than merely be coached to pass their driver’s license exam.
- Provide Guidance to the Learner’s Supervising Driver
Communication between a driving instructor and supervising driver will ensure that good driving practices are cemented during driving practice, test competencies are applied and also the requirements of the log book need to be satisfied.
- Offer a Choice of Vehicle
The driving instructor needs to offer manual or automatic transmission vehicle. While a driving instructor with a dual-control vehicle makes you safer, particularly in the early phase of the journey towards getting the license.
- Flexible With Pick-Up and Drop Off Points
The driving instructor should comfortable to schedule your class. He or she should be more receptive to learning during your lesson.
Along with the above-mentioned points, a driving instructor in Perth should also provide well-conditioned vehicles to teach driving, and teach in such fashion that encourages learner drivers to learn fast.
If you are a new driver, the very first thing that you need to do is to learn driving from a professional. In fact, it is highly important to take professional driving lessons when you are on the road in Perth. There are many driving schools that offer professional driving lessons in Perth at competitive prices. It can be said that spending money in learning a professional driving lesson is actually investing money. Below are discussed a few reasons why you should hire a professional for learning driving.
- When you are on the road, you must be well-versed about road signs and signals. Professional driving lessons in Perth help you to understand the complex and complicated road signs. Only a professional can train you and help you to get a license. You will be able to get a license only when you will understand the road safety rules and regulations. And you can learn these from an expert.
- The driving courses are structured by keeping all the requirements of the learners in mind. The lesson can also be customized in case you have the basic knowledge of driving. The professionals will evaluate your skill, and depending on your skill, they will customize your course and focus on your weaknesses.
- Learning driving from a professional is completely different from learning it from your friends or a family member. If you learn driving from your friend or family member, you will not be able to learn about the operating procedures and the road safety rules. But the professionals are always upgraded with the latest rules and regulations. So, they will also keep you up to date with the laws and regulations. Therefore, it is better to choose a professional rather than an inefficient person for learning driving.
- If you invest money in learning the professional driving lesson, the trainer will dedicate his time solely to you. He will take care of your every move and turn and guide you professionally. This will never happen if you learn driving from your friend or family member.
These are just a few reasons why you should hire a professional to learn a driving lesson in Perth. After all safe drive is the key to secure a living.
Learning driving is exciting as well as challenging. Sometimes, it can be a nerve-wracking experience too. If you are from Perth, you need to make sure that you have chosen an instructor who is an expert in teaching driving. In case your driving instructor is not experienced, you may learn driving in a wrong way. So, it is highly important to find an experienced and knowledgeable driving instructor in Perth. Below are discussed a few ways by following which you can find the right instructor for your driving lessons.
- Check the license:
When it comes to choosing the right driving instructor in Perth, the very first thing that you need to do is to check whether they have a valid license or not. According to the driving instructors’ Acts and Regulations, a driving instructor must hold a driving license. So, make sure the instructor you consider choosing, holds a valid license.
- Check the pass rate of the students:
If you want to choose the best driving instructor in Perth, you should check the results of his past students. You can ask the instructor to show the results of his previous students. If you find it is better, you can consider him.
- Check their price:
Before consider choosing a driving instructor in Perth, you must ask what price they charge for offering professional driving lessons. Make sure they are charging a reasonable price but not the cheapest. It is recommended neither to choose the instructor who charges high price nor to choose the one who offers his services at an unbelievably low cost.
- Examine the car:
Once you have chosen an instructor for your driving lesson, the thing you need to do is to check the car whether it is in good condition or not. If you find the car old and torn, it can cause problems later. You should also make sure that he is offering you the car that suits you the most.
- Make sure he is reputed:
Choosing a reputable driving instructor means choosing a more reliable person. So, it is recommended to choose an instructor who has a good reputation.
By following the above-discussed points, you can find someone who is the most suitable instructor for you.